WENFN Events – Summer 2015. Download in PDF: Poster WENFN events summer 2015, ver 11-June
Lots happening! Monthly . Stay tuned for more! New: Plant swaps and mini-workshops at potlucks.
COMMUNITY FOOD POTLUCKS
Location: West End Community Centre
Time: All 1-3 pm (except June 14 which ends 2:30)
Dates: Jun 14 (Sun/VV), Jul 25 (Sat/WENFN), Aug 15 (Sat/WENFN), Sep 20 (Sun/WENFN)
Share some good food and conversation with neighbours. Bring something yummy to share and a cup/bowl/utensil if you can. Find out the latest food and network news. NEW: Starting in July, each month we’ll be doing a mini-workshop on a food and gardening related topic. Free. Everyone welcome!
- July 9 (Thursday) 7-9 pm: Balcony, Container, and Small Space Gardening (VV)
- July 23 (Thursday) 7-9 pm: Fall and Winter Gardening (WENFN)
- August 6 (Thursday) 7-9 pm: Saving Seeds (WENFN)
Please e-mail us or check our website for workshop descriptions and costs.
Look for the West End Neighbourhood Food Network table at these festivals for information, seed library, etc.
- May 23 Farmsteading Day at Roedde House (Barclay & Broughton St) (Special: Victorian planter display)
- June 13 (Saturday) Strawberry Festival at Barclay Manor
- June 20 (Saturday) West End Car Free Day
FOOD SCRAPS DROP SPOTS
We have been collected and recycling food scraps since 2012, but as most buildings now have their own systems, we are ending our three spots in June 2015. Meanwhile, the West End Farmers Market runs from May 30 until Oct. 24 (Saturdays, 9 am to 2 pm) and will also accept food scraps.
A SEED LIBRARY will be present at all workshops and potlucks (and occasionally at Food Scraps Drop Spots). You can get free seeds for your garden, swap or donate seeds. Continue reading