Throughout October participating businesses across the city are partnering with the Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Networks to raise funds for our work. Participating businesses will be donating proceeds from their special promotions to your local neighbourhood food network and to the citywide Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Networks.
Participating businesses include:
- Havana Restaurant: $1 from each dessert throughout the month of October will be donated.
- The Fish Counter: Partial proceeds on October 17 Pink Salmon Day will be donated with thanks to the FISH counter and the MV Pacific Provider.
- Nester’s Market Main Street: A Healthy Gift Basket will be raffled off at Garden Fantasies: A Seed to Seed Event, hosted by the Little Mountain-Riley Park Neighbourhood Food Network, in partnership with the Terry Salmon VPL Branch and the Riley Park Hillcrest Community Association, on October 18th from 1-4pm at Hillcrest Community Centre.
October 21, 2015 from 6pm to 9pm
Heritage Hall, 3102 Main St. (15th & Main), Vancouver
Info: Write email@example.com, or on facebook
Download poster in PDF format: Neighbour Savour 2015 – Flyer (large) FINAL(6)
Yippee! It’s Village Vancouver’s fabulous (if we may say so ourselves!) 6th annual family friendly, zero waste community potluck celebration for 300 neighbours.
Delicious Local Food
A great lineup of Live Local Music MCed by Glen Chatten
- Community tables
- Kids area and activities 6-7:30
- Emily Carr Collaborative Design Project Display
- As We Know It Community Art Project
- Seed library/seed swap
- …and much more!
Food Friendly Neighbourhood YUMMY! A Right to Food Variety Show.
7:00 pm-9:00 pm 2015-10-16
Roundhouse Community Centre
Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre, Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver.
Hosted by Village Vancouver and Roundhouse Community Centre the 7th Annual Sustenance Festival Special Event.
Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre Exhibition Hall on Friday October 16th 7pm-9pm (doors open at 6:30pm)
WHAT IS IT? A wildly entertaining show featuring a variety of fun and cheeky performances centered on the theme of “Food Justice”. You might be thinking, activism is no laughing matter? You just may eat your words after Yummy! You might even walk away with a deeper understanding of the relationship of food to social justice as it plays out in our communities
Our talented Emcee, Tallulah Winkelman, long time food activist & performer, will guide us through an evening full of music, laughter, film, poetry, and more. This is a social event for people of all ages. Snack, chat, and have fun! Don’t miss the interactive artwork, food-related community info tables and a Demonstration Food Friendly Neighbourhood curated by Village Vancouver with displays, information, and maybe even chickens!
- A Pluckin’ Good Time with Arnt Artzen – holding things down with old timey trad jazz foodie songs
- Theda Phoenix – beautiful voice & guitar
- Lance Lim + Janice Jacinto – Right to Food song
- Riel Hahn – comedy
- Emcee – Tallulah Winkelman – food activist & performer
- Kevin Spenst – poetry
Part of the Sustenance Festival http://sustenancefestival.ca/
Check out http://www.sustenancefestival.ca for an updated performance list. Community food displays, information and chickens! Registration: Not required Info Ross Moster at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Village Vancouver website.
Sustenance Festival 2015 is a city-wide food-inspired festival, October 13-25. Workshops, exhibitions, talks, walks, dances and more – all taking place in community centres and public spaces throughout Vancouver. Sponsored by Parks Board, and City of Vancouver, and lots of cooperating groups. Here is the main website: http://sustenancefestival.ca/events-2015/
This year, the West End Neighbourhood Food Network is organizing these events:
- October 18 (Sunday) 1-3 pm: October Potluck and Sprouting workshop at West End Community Center, Barclay Room. Free. Workshop led by Makiko Suzuki. Registration #13369. This workshop will focus on sprouting. We will have samples of different sprouters, sample sprouts and there are some mason jars and sprouting seeds for those interested in starting sprouting (10) plus handouts on sprouting. Also we have herbs plants if anyone would like them!
- October 22 (Thursday) 7-9 pm: Concepts in Year Round Gardening workshop, at West End Community Centre. Free. Registration: #9813. The Whys and Wherefores of food cycles – why we want them, and how to get them. Plan round-the-calendar food supplies, both in the larder and stored in the garden. We’ll have the WENFN seed library there – you can get some free seeds for your garden or swap or donate seeds.
Call WECC or 604.257.8333 or go online Community Potluck, or register in person at the community centre.